Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Conditional formatting based on text rather than cell.

A conditional formatting option to give text based conditional formatting rather than cell based. I work with tables similar to the one imaged below where I have to color the text based on criteria on the left depending on the climate. Unfortunately, this is fairly difficult to do. I am unable to color text based on criteria as well as center data below the table like you see at the bottom. I found a few work arounds that I was able to use (second photo) which has helper columns doing some of the heavy lifting. The bottom cell that is "merged and centered" is still unable to be done in Smartsheet as far as I can ascertain.

I am creating this heat map using a join formula shown below.

=IF(JOIN(COLLECT({Risk Name}, {Risk Type}, LEFT([Strategic Risks]$1, LEN([Strategic Risks]$1) - 6), {Risk Climate}, $[Risk Climate]@row, {Archive}, false), ",") <> "", UNICHAR(10625) + " " + JOIN(COLLECT({Risk Name}, {Risk Type}, LEFT([Strategic Risks]$1, LEN([Strategic Risks]$1) - 6), {Risk Climate}, $[Risk Climate]@row, {Archive}, false), CHAR(10) + UNICHAR(10625) + "  "), "")

1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated