SmartSheet Data to Excel Macro OR Any Alternatives?

Hello, I am new to SmartSheet and have been working on a project. Currently, the data I am working with is entered through a form by users and inputted from there into a SmartSheet. The data I am working with is free-text text boxes (so things like comments, etc.) and I was tasked with coming up with a way to sort through them and categorize them. My solution to this was to export the SmartSheet data I had to a macro-enabled Excel file and use formulas and macros from there to search the column(s) that contained the comments, etc for key words and then designate categories for all of the comments. That part works. The problem I have now is that I want to automate this process in a way, so like I want the SmartSheet data to send any new rows it gets to that Excel file to get run through the filtering macros. I have a PowerBI connected to that Excel sheet to visualize my data. Is there a way for me to connect my SmartSheet to that Excel sheet so that it is consistently updating it with new data as the SmartSheet gets it? Or would I have to work around if that was not a possibility? Maybe something like converting my Excel formulas into SmartSheet formatting and trying to work solely on SmartSheet? What are my options and what are the capabilities of SmartSheet? I'm a bit lost right now and unfamiliar with this platform, but would like to learn more about what it can do? Any suggestions or ideas?

Answers