Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Color and shape of icon

Hi,

I noticed that the color and icon for Sheets and Reports changed. I wish the color would be kept the same but the icon is great.

We are used to seeing blue for sheets and that makes a lot of sense and cooler.

8 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Laura B.
    Laura B. ✭✭✭✭

I agree, please keep the blue color for sheets. I see that we can now manage Forms from the left-hand panel, which is really nice. Perhaps only the forms can be purple to distinguish between a sheet and a form.

• Adrian Mandile CHESS
    Adrian Mandile CHESS ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/15/24

Hi @Genevieve P., @Ben Canning, @MMcLain

The new rounded Smartsheet 'asset' browse icon shapes for sheets and reports are fine, and being able to see forms in the browse list is GREAT (PS: when will the actual on-screen versions, i.e. next to the sheet/report names also update), but…

Some advance notice would have been great and please keep the sheets colour as blue not the new purple (It's too close to the magenta of forms).

Adrian Mandile
    CHESS Consulting Australia - Smartsheet Solution Provider Gold Partner
    Collaborative | Holistic | Effective | Systems | Solutions

• CWibben
    CWibben ✭✭✭
    edited 08/27/24

I am not a fan of the new icons. With the new layout, the icons look cartoonish/childish, less recognizable. The sharper edges on icons makes them more recognizable than rounded corners. I was also accustomed to the prior color scheme of the icons which was much better. For me, these changes were unnecessary and disruptive. Is there a way to change it back to the previous layout?

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

Voting up for a review but I'd like to see the icons get a little larger. My old eyes struggle with the new, somewhat blurry, tiny white icons on a strongly colored background on the left rail.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN