How to Allow People viewing a shared link to change views

jake_griff250
edited 08/19/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I want people outside of my organization who are viewing a live link of my sheet to be able to view the sheet in calendar or board view. Is this possible?

If not, any recommendations on how a sheet can be manipulated to offer a beeter viewing experience than just the default grid view? For people viewing outside the organization.

The sheet is attached here. Any help is appreciated.

These are the main goals:

• Make the pivot chart equivalent
    • so that you can filter by date & then from there you can see the territories Click the date then click the territory then see the shifts. On mobile 
    • OR show all the shifts after clicking the date. 

I know there is a pivot table add on from smartsheet but i would like to explore other options first

Best Answer

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @jake_griff250

As I tested, your "show all the shifts after clicking the date" on mobile can best be accomplished using the mobile app's list view.

When I click the 08/21/24, I get the following;

The list view shows the primary column, so I changed the name of the primary column to "Day" and added this formula;

[Day] =Date@row + ""

Then, I hid the Date column so that only one date would appear when I clicked the Day list in the mobile app.

I added the [this and next week] checkbox "so that you can filter by date." 

[this and next week] =IF(OR(WEEKNUMBER(Date@row) = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()), WEEKNUMBER(Date@row) = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY(7))), 1)

Then, I created a report using this checkbox as a filter.

Your people outside your organization will see the relevant data you filtered in the mobile app, such as this. (The sheet's mobile list view shows more rows when you scroll.)

If you see the published sheet on the mobile app, it looks similar, regardless of the default view of publish settings.

As this sheet contains personal information like names and phone numbers, I advise against publishing it. When the published sheet's link gets leaked, everyone in the world can see the information. Instead, you should share the sheet and the report with people outside your organization with the Viewer's permission and ask them to use the Smartsheet mobile app.

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @jake_griff250

You can publish a sheet with a pre-defined view which could be Grid or Card or Calendar. When you choose the Read Only - Full option, the user can switch the views as well.

To let the view see data similar to pivot, you can create a report with grouping and publish the report. Here's the help article on grouping in reports -

Group data to organize results in report builder | Smartsheet Learning Center

Note that filtering options are not available in the published view.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    Answer ✓

Hi @jake_griff250

As I tested, your "show all the shifts after clicking the date" on mobile can best be accomplished using the mobile app's list view.

When I click the 08/21/24, I get the following;

The list view shows the primary column, so I changed the name of the primary column to "Day" and added this formula;

[Day] =Date@row + ""

Then, I hid the Date column so that only one date would appear when I clicked the Day list in the mobile app.

I added the [this and next week] checkbox "so that you can filter by date." 

[this and next week] =IF(OR(WEEKNUMBER(Date@row) = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()), WEEKNUMBER(Date@row) = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY(7))), 1)

Then, I created a report using this checkbox as a filter.

Your people outside your organization will see the relevant data you filtered in the mobile app, such as this. (The sheet's mobile list view shows more rows when you scroll.)

If you see the published sheet on the mobile app, it looks similar, regardless of the default view of publish settings.

As this sheet contains personal information like names and phone numbers, I advise against publishing it. When the published sheet's link gets leaked, everyone in the world can see the information. Instead, you should share the sheet and the report with people outside your organization with the Viewer's permission and ask them to use the Smartsheet mobile app.

• @jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you! But can you please help with the This and Next week portion of your anwser. Where do i put that formula?

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    edited 08/27/24

Hi @jake_griff250

I added the [this and next week] checkbox column, as shown in the image below. (I hide the column for mobile view.)

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=ecb3f77843c04105b38aa00249fc627d (Link to the published sheet)