Putting the Pieces Together: Building Systems to Manage Work

Comments

• @ker9 Thank you for the feedback! I'm part of the product team here at Smartsheet, would you be open to chatting via Zoom about how you use Browse?

• Leroy Noriega
    Leroy Noriega ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • On behalf of many, I second @ker9 in requesting we please avoid eliminating the browse folder shortcut. This is a necessity for power users navigating numerous workspaces and countless assets. In fact, this is where I will continue to navigate immediately after logging in until we have the ability to customize the landing page (home screen) as if it were any other dashboard.

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jason Tabaczynski

Since SS cannot provide notifications of workspace sharing, I regularly use the the browse folder to see all my workspaces and then click on specific ones to check that nothing has been shared inappropriately. I regularly check 13 specific workspaces. Click on workspace, see sharing, move to next.

In addition, I find it much easier to work in that view when I need to move something from one folder to another either in the same workspace or to a different workspace. One of my Admin accounts has over 70 workspaces. I work with a huge number of assets.

The workspace panel is mostly annoying - it should never replace the browse folder.

If you want additional information, please contact me directly.

• A Shapiro
    A Shapiro ✭✭✭

The dashboard was "sleek" before. It now resembles Google sheets, which I may as well mention here is a free platform, and there is a reason we are all not using it. I do not like the new color scheme, the moving of the "search" bar is inconvenient (at best), and - as someone else mentioned - the icons on the side are very small. The contrast is also very low.

While we are at it, your customer service responds overnight in comparison to my time zone (Arizona). I submit a ticket, get a response in the middle of the night, and on it goes until a) the issue resolves itself (typical) or b) a week passes by and we finally get it resolved or I give up. Having customer support that works within business hours of the United States would be ideal.

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭

DONT REMOVE THE BROWSE FOLDER SHORTCUT.. THAT IS MY #1 ICON/TOOL

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️

• It appears that a lot of change here is to provide a visual look into the most recent sheet accessed, which likely drove the increased tile size on the home page. I personally don't value the new visual look of the sheet listed on the home page; we try and standardize our plans and sheets so all the visuals are essentially the same and don't provide any recognition value. My brain is expecting text, not a super large icon, and so the search for what I want is actually more difficult. The larger size limits the ability to see the dozens of sheets/workspaces I want to choose from, which normally they would all be at the top. I have to agree that the new look is a detriment to effective use of the tool. I'm now more driven to ignore the home page and go about using the folder view so I can find the sheet/workspace I need.

• Chelsea.McCulley
    Chelsea.McCulley ✭✭✭✭

I think it's potentially confusing for users that the "All workspaces" tab on the homepage shows both workspaces and workapps.

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/28/24

Really not a fan (at all) of the toolbar icons and new color schemes. Too soft, too muted and too much like every other software solution on the market. The design and layout are visually distracting and cluttered. The tiles are too large and take up too much real estate and force users to scroll. Suggested files is of no real use. I would be more excited if users were able to control the files that appear in their Homepage (i.e. user's "Favorites" rather than Suggestions). I understand that esthetics are subjective and there may be many that find the new look appealing. However, from a functionality standpoint, I do not see any improvement in the Home page experience. The first thing that I, and other users in our organization, do when logging into Smartsheet is to immediately leave the home page and navigate via the left toolbar which, unfortunately, has also fallen victim to the same soft, non-threateningly "soft" design as everything else on the market.

• Chizu Hieida
    Chizu Hieida Overachievers

Overall, I love the new Left side feature and how narrow it is to give us more space on the sheet/report/dashboard. I also really like I can easily access forms from Workspace Panel.

However, I am getting a lot of feedback from our uses that they did not like the fact no more Search bar on the right of the Sheet does not exist and not UX friendly.

• Kiki_7308
    Kiki_7308 ✭✭✭

Love it! Keep up the great work.

I would put my top priority on being able to Center column headers in reports would help make my dashboard look more professional.

Thank you!

• Tonja K
    Tonja K ✭✭✭
    edited 08/28/24

I love the new look and ease to access but am finding the update brought with it a few snags. In a few sheets, and dashboards, especially cross referenced sheets, cell linking was removed or formulas with cross references no longer working. I have spent many hours fixing cell and sheet references.

• Nice update.

Any plans to give Pro plan users ability to add unlimited sheets to Reports? You give "unlimited reports", but each report can only pull from one sheet. That's pretty useless. I'll just go look at that sheet.

The purpose of a report is to pull data from multiple sheets.

We're just big enough to use SS but has to be on the Pro account right now. In other words we're not quite large enough to afford the next jump to $25/user/month.

Having ability to feed multiple sheets into one report (e.g., give multiple projects a single status report sheet), would help us achieve the efficiency we need to one day be a bigger player, maybe even one day an Enterprise customer. 😉