Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Request to be able to turn off default of 100% allocation

This new functionality will not work for us and will cause us to have to update every row:

"Starting at the end of August 2024, new rows added with astart date, end date, and contact field in sheets connected to ResourceManagement by Smartsheet or with workload tracking enabled will automatically default to a 100% allocation."

Being a smaller healthcare IT organization, many resources that we use are shared. We never have a project where are resources are 100% dedicated to one project. In additional to project work,our teams also do operational support. And when we work with clinical staff, it is very rare that they can dedicate much time to a project. So, we routinely run tasks that take longer, but may only be set at 20% allocation. We will have some tasks that are at 100% allocation.

With this change, it means that it will be very easy to make a mistake when making assignments and allocations, as instead of being blank, a value is defaulted in. Esp when setting up new projects where all of the allocations haven't been determined yet, it will be hard to know which ones were set up by the PM and which ones just hadn't been decided yet.

The only way I can see to use this is to manually remove the allocation each time a task is created. This will be a problem and extra effort.

PLEASE, set this new functionality up with an option to disable it!!!

Tags:
4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Cathy Salscheider
    Cathy Salscheider ✭✭✭✭✭

I am now using this daily and really hate the default! Please provide an option to turn the default off!

• Agreed. This is a wild update that I can't imaging anyone actually asked for. Can you please give us the ability to turn this off? It is adding a step to our process because we now have to be vigilant about deleting the default 100% which makes the chance for errors in Resource Management and various reports much larger.

• Agreed with everyone - this is a major problem right now and significantly reduces the value we get out of RM. It makes it difficult for us to trust the RM data we review with our leaders… PLEASE fix this!!!

• Automatically having % allocation as 100% when adding a task, makes RM worthless. Please eliminate 100% allocation as a default and make it manual entry

• Cathy Salscheider
    Cathy Salscheider ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried to create an automation when adding a row to clear the value in Allocation % , but it did not work. And I only want it to run when the row is created as I don't want other values autocleared. Sigh.

This should be rolled back until it has been well vetted by RM users.

• oboutros
    oboutros ✭✭✭✭

This change is completely unacceptable from Smartsheet. All timecards in Resource Mnagement are wrong. We need an urgent fix.

• Cathy Salscheider
    Cathy Salscheider ✭✭✭✭✭

@oboutros I put in a support ticket when it this was still in Early Adopter mode. They told me to put in an idea in Community. This does not seem like the right process.

Does any one know how we escalate?

• oboutros
    oboutros ✭✭✭✭

@Cathy Salscheider, I opened a support ticket as well and escalated to Smartsheet Sales - this change simply destroys Smartsheet/Resource Management integration

• oboutros
    oboutros ✭✭✭✭

***** Again .. Integrtaion between Smartsheet and Resource Management is USLESS at this point *****

@cathy salscheider, This is what I got from Support ..

I've submitted feedback on your recommendation to our development team through the product feedback form below, and I do appreciateyour input. 

Our Product Roadmap process includes review of ideas from allsources (customers, advisory councils, customer research, etc.) in order toconstantly enhance our existing capabilities and implement new innovations.Customer feedback is a core source of new ideas and provides critical insightneeded for prioritization decisions. We review all feedback and analyze ideasfor customer value and demand, via this form.

• Cathy Salscheider
    Cathy Salscheider ✭✭✭✭✭

@oboutros I was told by Support to create the new product idea. I have also shared this link with our sales team. Thanks for the followup.

• ymckern
    ymckern ✭✭✭

We have an issue with this default since we don't always connect a sheet to RM and also have that column used to determine the correct allocation based on other factors. Please allow us to turn off that option.

Thank you!