google drive integration storage best practices

We are an enterprise higher ed group familiar with Smartsheet, but new to using the Google Drive integration. We are (hopefully) transitioning our documentation processes away from clunky word docs into the more automated Google Docs direct from our project register as work requests come through.

I've gone through the support documentation on how to set the sheet merge up and all is functioning well but I'm wondering how others go about organizing their Google Drive storage. From what I found in my test runs, the merge will allow me to rename the document I create, but the folder is automatically named after the template we use to run the merge. Is there a better way to control the naming convention at the onset or does everyone change it after the fact?

I'm also finding the support documentation to be lacking compared to the typically robust Smartsheet help articles. If anyone has any "top tips", I welcome them. We have 10-20 projects running at any given time in varying scale both in size and end user comfort with Smartsheet or Google Drive. Trying to make this transition as seamless for all as possible.

Answers