how to automatically send email with photo attachment

L Duff
L Duff ✭✭
edited 09/27/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I want to automate an email that includes a photo attachment when a job is completed. The photo is proof to the customer that the task has been completed. Is this possible in smartsheet and if so, how do I do that?

thank you!

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can create an automation to do that. The trigger will be when an attachment is added to the row. This will send an email every time an attachment is added to the row (it won't check that it is a photo or not). The email will include a link to download the attachment (the photo will not actually be attached to the email and links will be included for all attachments to the row).

Take a look at:

• L Duff
    L Duff ✭✭

Thanks for answering- clients won't have access to smartsheet- is there another way to send/forward an attachment via email?

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure I understand.

If you aren't using smartsheet you can just send/forward a photo using an email program.

If you want to send an attachment when it is added to a smartsheet, then a smartsheet automation will do that. Only the sender needs to use smartsheet. Is that the concern?

• L Duff
    L Duff ✭✭

Hi again,

I use smartsheet so that is not an issue but the clients do not have smartsheet access- right now the receiver is not getting the image but an email with a link that cannot be opened.

I've attached how I set up the automation, what the receiver gets (and they can't open the attachment), and what I'd like them to receive. I want them to receive the actual image. Does that make sense?

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are they clicking the link to the attachment (the one at the bottom with the paperclip) or to the sheet? The link to the attachment should work if the email is being received. However, to send the email, I believe you need to share the sheet.