Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

30-Day Prompt

Options
Dana L
Dana L ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello,

I'm needing to create a sheet where a task has a start date of say, 11/1/2017, and then I need to be reminded of something 30 days from the start date, 11/31/2017.  Can someone help with the formula for that?  (Column A would be "Task" and Column B would be "Start Date".  I'd like Column C to be "Action Date."

There's a few different triggers that I need to create for each line, so this will be so helpful.  Thank you!

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In Column C

=[Start Date] - 30

Set up a Reminder using Column C and "on" that date.

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/542913-using-reminders

When you set up your first Reminder, you'll notice there are other options besides "on" ... but 30 days is not one of them, so Column C is necessary. It won't always be.

Lastly, if the Action Date is in the past, it won't send you a notification.

I hope this helps.

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Craig's solution is one we have used a multitude of times. 

• Dana L
    Dana L ✭✭
    Options

Thank you!  But is there no way to automatically have that "action date" calculated?

I have about 100 "tasks" (each representing a client) where I want it to automatically calculate the "action" date.

Many thanks...

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Craig's solution of creating a column that calculates the date is calculating the date. There is no way in the reminder system to calculate 30 days. I believe the most they give you is 14 days. So calculating the date in the new column will do the trick for you. If you create a new column and add the formula that Craig mentioned, then you can drag the right-hand corner down to autofill each of your 100 of tasks. 

This discussion has been closed.