Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Account Suspension...

Options
Stewart Grinton
Stewart Grinton ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Our company will be needing Smartsheet to jump through a few IT hoops before my department can make full use if its features.

In the mean time, what would happen if for some reason we had to suspend our account? Is all of the data in the sheets lost? Or is the information stored for a time until we can reactivate our account?

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ido not know the official answer but I am sure Travis will direct you on that, however you can request a back up of any sheets and workspaced and they will then be made available for down loading.

See the help article:

http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/506499

• Stewart Grinton
    Options

Good information James. I assume then that the backup Excel spreadsheet would then be reimportable (for when we 'reactivate the account') like any other Excel spreadsheet. But would it retain all the Smartsheet column "magic" and functionality of conditions, color coding, cell linking, etc?

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 07/20/15
    Options

Hi Stewart, when you switch your account to free, your sheets will be read only and will remain in your account for 90 days before they are permanently deleted. At any point during the 90 days, you can upgrade your account to a paid plan or transfer ownership of the sheets to a paid user. 

Note: when canceling your account, you have two options: Delete Account or Switch to Free. If you select Delete Account your account will be closed and your sheets will be deleted. If you Switch to Free, your account will remain open as a free account and your sheets will remain for 90 days. 

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 10.07.05 AM.png

• Felicia Ansley
    Options

Travis, thank you for this post. I am in the exact same situation (needing to jump through IT hoops). I've asked the representative I've been working with THREE TIMES about it and she's thus far refused to provide an answer. 

One thing...I did not see you respond regarding Stewart's follow up question, "But would it retain all the Smartsheet column "magic" and functionality of conditions, color coding, cell linking, etc?". I would like to know this as well. 

This discussion has been closed.