Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives
The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.
Update Requests: Search by recipient and unplanned reminders
I am using update requests quite a lot, but they are not for recurrent type activities. I would like to think they would be recieved and acted on, so I don't set up reminders.
My problem is that recipients are working across many production jobs, and not reporting activity consistently, using the Update Request system. This is partly due to slackness, and partly due to it being difficult to see all the Requests that are accumulating.
My desire is:
1. That each user should have all the active Update Request they recieve added to their to Smartsheet "My To Do List". These would automatically remove themselves when the update is done.
- 2. That the emailed Update Request should optionally take the form of a task, that would go on thier email client task list (eg Outlook), if that is what they prefer to work with.
3. That I can search ALL Workspaces and Sheets for ALL active Update Requests for a particular Recipient. Then I would like to be able to send Update Request reminders to that Recipient either individually, by multi-select, or select All.
4. It would be useful to track response times for Update Requests, and to see the history of Update Requests on a per row basis. This might form a quantifiable KPI.
5. Finally, it would be useful to more easily see the details of changes made, and how long they took... This could be in the details presented when examining a completed request, or hotlinked to the relevant cells.