User-submitted forms: Is there a way to have email address and name be automatically added to my Con

Options
izi
izi
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have an "Update Request" Smartsheet, where employees can submit a request via a form. The 'name' and 'email' fields are both required, so I'm capturing those fields on every submission. BUT even though someone enters an email address and name, I still have to manually add that person to my Contacts.

How can I set my form so that each name/email address that is submitted will be compared to my Contacts list and automatically added if not already there?

Comments

• Alison
    Alison Employee
    Options

Hello Izi,

Thank you for contacting Smartsheet Support.  At this time, Smartsheet does not support this functionality; however, I've let our Product team know about your request. Due to the large number of variables they have to consider when choosing what to develop next, we can't confirm when or if this will be built, but we have let them know.

You can always add more requests under "Submit Product Enhancement Request" under "Quick Links" to the right-hand-side of this page.

I'd love to know if anyone else has found a way to make this work so that I can let our team know.

Kind Regards,

Alison

Smartsheet Support

• Alison
    Alison Employee
    Options

Hi Izi (again)!

I wanted to confirm that I looked into this further and I saw that the email addresses that are placed into a Contact List column, though they won't show up in your Smartsheet Contacts, they would populate under "Select Contacts" in your Update Request form.

I've included a few screenshots of this.

Please let me know if you have further questions on this.

Kind regards,

Alison

Smartsheet Support

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 2.21.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 2.22.16 PM.png