Reports - Publish as iCal

JeffG
JeffG
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Is it possible to publish reports as iCal? 

If not, this would be a great feature. 

Answers

• Alison
    Alison Employee

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Smartsheet Support.  At this time, Smartsheet does not support this functionality; however, I've let our Product team know about your request. Due to the large number of variables they have to consider when choosing what to develop next, we can't confirm when or if this will be built, but we have let them know.

In the meantime, on a Sheet, we do have a way to overlay your Google Calendar onto the calendar view of your sheet, publish your Smartsheet items to Gcal, or publish your calendar to iCal.

You can always add more requests under "Submit Product Enhancement Request" under "Quick Links" to the right-hand-side of this page.

Kind Regards,

Alison

Smartsheet Support

• Our team each work across roughly 15 projects at a time, each project requiring its own page.

We are trying to use report builder to create task lists for our employees but need to be able to have the calendar published to GCal so we can see how each team members work fits in together.

Is there another way to easily create task sheets that can publish calendars. I understand you can do formulas but it is a very time consuming activity. Any help would be great.

We are on a business plan if that helps.

Thank you.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to publish calendars to Google from a report, but it's a great idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

I think the best solution would be to use the Smartsheet add-on, Calendar Application.

More info: https://www.smartsheet.com/apps/calendar-application

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Would that work?

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Enhancement Request? This functionality is already available for normal sheets so what development would be required to apply it to reports?

• Still not implemented?

Reports can be published but not as calendars. Smartsheets can.

These should not be too hard and it is an important function of reports. Same use case as Tazatssf: Mulitple projects + reports brings it together + need to publish a gcalendar.

Let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Roger