Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Enterprise video?

Options
Loann McGee
Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Good morning,

I did a search in the online videos on demand, but didn't find one. I'm looking for a video that gives a fairly in-depth look at what the Enterprise features are and how this is of greater benefit. 

Our IT dept is concerned that they would need to be our go-to for help regarding Smartsheet, and I'd like to equip them with a very detailed view of what they would/would not have to take on in the Enterprise aspect.

Currently, as a Team, our IT dept needs to know very little of the actual Smartsheet program. They are just the appovers for areas that are wanting to come on board. 

Blessings,

Loann

Comments

• Terri Pavlovic
    Options

I'm interested in knowing more about the differences between Team and Enterprise as well.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Loann! The sales team would be the best resource for information on Enterprise accounts and the difference between Team and Enterprise. You can email them at sales@smartsheet.com

As far as your specific question about getting your IT department involved... it would depend on what you want to do with your account. For example, if you wanted to set up SAML SSO (single sign on) then that would require some effort from your IT group. One of the benefits of an Enterprise plan is that they all have a dedicated Customer Success Manager from Smartsheet to help wherever needed. If there is work that needs to be done by your IT department, your CSM can help with that process. 

Here is some information on the Enterprise plan: https://www.smartsheet.com/enterprise

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/14/15
    Options

Thank you, Travis. I know one of their concerns is that the IT Help Desk would be fielding questions on how to create reports, sheets, formulas, Gantt, etc. in Smartsheet.

We're still a ways out from getting to the Enterprise level, but like to be well informed. I was hoping for a video to help contrast/compare. I'll connect with the sales team!

Blessings,

Loann

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/15/15
    Options

Loann,

I serve as the SS system admin for our agency, and I am not in the IT Help Desk area,  and our IT Help desk does NOT field questions from our SS users. 

I am in the IT area as a project manager and part of my role as an embedded contractor is to field SS questions from users. So one idea would be to get someone that is a technical person to serve in this role that is not in the IT Help Desk area. 

One reason that I've not been solely dependent on IT is that we do not use the SAML SSO (single sign on) feature.  But, I have had to engage our network team to see about utilizing the User Auto Provisioning function (which they have yet to get back with me on Frown.)

Here's how we handle the user questions/support issues:

1) As Travis said, one huge advantage of the enterprise account is having a dedicated CSM. Our CSM (Shane  Cool) is a great resource and takes both my email and phone calls and has done team training for us.  I will have users contact me and then I will contact support or our CSM.

2) The SS Online Help is great tool, as you know, and I point users to that as their first option. 

3) We have 3-4 employees here that have become experts in their use of SS and we go to them for solutions.

4) The SS Community (you being one!) is a HUGE help for me as a sys admin to find/post answers.

5) For the first 6 months of SS being rolled out, we had a monthly Lunch and Learn session where either an expert user showed how they had integrated SS or our SS CSM did training and answered questions.

Hope that helps alleviate some concern of needing your IT Help Desk to field SS questions.

Tim

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/15/15
    Options

Great input, Tim!! I'm the unofficial Smartsheet "Queen" here at work - and I love helping others learn about SS for the first time, or to help troubleshoot. 

Thanks for the input on how it works on your end, and that I can alleviate the concerns for our IT Help Desk. ;-)

Blessings,

Loann

This discussion has been closed.