Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Row Update Request recipient delete attachments?

Bob Payton
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

We have built our Employee Annual Evaluation process into Smartsheet.  While we have very tight access privleges on the Roster where the info is stored (HR personnel only), we are utilizing the "Update Requests" to the supervisor in charge of completing the evaluation.  While Smartsheet manages the workflow/process, the actual Evaluation Tool is a separate Excel spreadsheet attached to that row.

Our instructions are for the supervisor to "save as" the file to their desktop, complete the evaluation, then re-attach the updated Excel spreadsheet.

My question is this:  Is there anyway the supervisor could inadvertantly delete the attached file from their access through the Update Request?  

Comments

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Bob,

It doesn't appear so. I tested myself and was not able to delete the attachment. It only gives them an udpate to the fields sent over and shows the attachments but doesn not give the ability to delete....only to upload a new doc.

Let me know if you find otherwise.

Tim

This discussion has been closed.