Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Webform : display cell info

Options
Linda_
Linda_
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I need to display-only the info about a cell in a webform (So the end user can only view the info, but not change it) How do I do this ?

Comments

• B Cook
    B Cook
    edited 09/28/15
    Options

Right Click on the Row or Column, and select 'Lock'

I dont think you can do a individual cell though.

• Linda_
    Options

It doesn't work. I think you can't use this option (Lock) in a WebForm, only when you are working directly in a smartsheet.

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/28/15
    Options

LInda,

Not sure what you are trying to do exactly. Do you mean data from the sheet or instructional data about how to fill out the webform?

I believe I'm correct in saying that, data from a sheet shown in a webform is not editable. 

If in the sheet, you could either make the data from the sheet a drop down list so it would display as a selection only OR put the cell data to display in the HelpText.(assuming it's fixed data).

Please elaborate so I can better understand what you are trying to do.

thanks,

Tim

• Linda_
    Linda_
    edited 09/30/15
    Options

Tim, thanks for the info. I'm trying to display text from the smartsheet into the webfrom. the smarsheet ex has different time info and I want only to show this, not that they can change it. For the moment I have created for each line a different webform And putted the time info in the heading. But I'm sure that there is a better more practical option. I have now 36 forms that's quite a lot

rgds

linda

• Amy Johnson
    Options

Linda, could you explain what you are trying to do in more detail? Its possible we could suggest a better method, but I dont understand what you are trying to achieve. Maybe give details about your work flow, what the web forms are tracking, and what your sheet is for.

• Mario K M
    Options

I'm having a similar issue.  I would like to send a request to update data but requires them to view other data that I don't want them to update.  Viewing some data fields only helps them understand what and why I am asking. 

Is there a way to designate on a webform that some data fields will be view only while other data fields can be editable?

• Amy Johnson
    Options

Mario, send an update request and lock the rows/columns you dont want them to edit. 

This discussion has been closed.