Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

"Edit Rows in Smartsheet" button not appearing in Gmail

Kristin
Kristin
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I have followed the instructions below, but the button is not appearing in Gmail and it still only has the button to login to Smartsheet. Is there another step or setting I need to know about?

How to get it:

1. Make sure that all Smartsheet accounts are set up under the users' Google Apps email addresses (users can change their Smartsheet email address from the Personal Settings menu if needed)
  2. Ask your Google Apps domain administrator to review the Smartsheet listing in the Google Apps Marketplace and follow instructions to install Smartsheet for Google Apps
  3. Once the app is installed, any emails generated by Send RowNotification, and Reminder features will include the "Edit Rows in Smartsheet" button, and recipients will be able to click the button to edit rows directly from Gmail without logging into Smartsheet
Tags:

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 10/06/15

Hi Kristin,

A few things to check...

-Are you a Google Apps user? (Not just a Gmail user, but Google Apps for businesses)

-Have you logged out and back into Google since your Google Apps Admin installed the app?

-Are you sending the correct type of emails? (Send Row, Notifications, or Reminders)

Make sure you scroll all the way down an email - the button is located under the footer.

Also, the button only appears for the first email in a thread. For example, if you have sent yourself multiple send rows and they are grouped together in Gmail, you will only see the button on the first email in the group. 

• Andrew Gross
    Andrew Gross ✭✭✭✭

Hi Travis,  Am having the same problem as Kristin.  I can confirm "yes" to the 3 questions you posed to her.  However, besides the Google Admin allowing the app to be installed as a Chrome app, is there additional configuration that needs to be done?  And, our organization uses a SAML page for login; would that be an isssue?

Kind regards,

Andrew Gross 

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Andrew! The app needs to be installed by your Google Admin through the Google Apps Marketplace NOT by a non Google Admin through the Chrome app store. 

Ask your Google Admin to install the app through the link I provided, then test the functionality. 

Let me know if you are still having trouble after doing this! 

• Andrew Gross
    Andrew Gross ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Travis -- followed you recommendation and all is good now.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 11/04/15

Thanks for keeping me updated! Happy to hear it is working for you Laughing

This discussion has been closed.