Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Resource projections/dummy resources

Options
Julie PW
Julie PW
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Thank you for your help with my noob question.  I have a short timeline to evaluate this app for my business.

I am creating a project scenario, where I don't have real resources/users yet.  I would like to use the Resource View to see my projected resource needs.  I have used job titles as assignees.  Is there a way to view the resource calendar with these proposed users?

Thanks!

Comments

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm assuming you have a 30 day free trial. It says you get the same features as the Paid plan except you can't publish webforms. However, Resource Management is only available with Team and Enterprise so not sure if it works.  If it's not, it may be worth paying the $15 for a month to get the Team version to try out.

To create a test project with resources, just add dummy names and emails addresses in your Contact List. 

Then assign these dummy names as resourcces.

If you need additional help email me at tim dot meeks at gmail dot com. 

tim

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Trial users can test out resource management! To start a team trial, go to Account > User Management > Add User. Once you do this, you will have access to team tools.

Tim is correct, you can add "dummy" names but make sure you add these users under User Management and not your Smartsheet Contacts.  

This discussion has been closed.