Update Requests, reminders, notifications

rfrimberger
rfrimberger ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm wondering if there is a way to set up automatic update requests, reminders, and notifications to be sent on a reoccurring basis until a task has been marked as complete? I see where I can choose to have these emails sent daily, weekly, and so forth. But I don't see where I can tell Smartsheet to stop sending these if the recipient updates a specific field in their sheet. Is this possible? 

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is very possible. You would just have to add and adjust the conditions within the notification to send if it meets certain criteria. In the example below I have it set to send the notification whenever the Status is set to "Not Started", "Waiting", or "In Progress". The second condition I have is set to look at my Primary Column for that row and the dropdown shows many options for criteria. If I were to select "Blank", it would send a notification as often as I have my recurrence set as long as the status is one of those 3 options AND the Primary Column is blank. Once the status is changed to something else (Complete for example) or someone adds notes to the Primary Column, the notification would stop sending.

In addition... If you have an "Assigned to" column set up as a Contact type of column, you can have the notification send to only those people that have rows assigned to them that meet that criteria. That way if you have multiple people working on different tasks within the sheet, the people who have completed theirs won't be bombarded with notifications meant for the people who have not completed their tasks.

Of course this is just an example of one of MANY different ways to send things out. Hope this helps.

Untitled.png