Sheet Template : When copying a template, my formula's don't migrate.

08/29/18 Edited 12/09/19
Answered - Pending Review

I'm trying to copy a template to use. I have formulas already on the template, however when i put the new numbers in, it doesn't use the formula to add/subtract them. I have to litterly go through and on every sheet I create from either a template or otherwise, I always have to figure out the formulas again. 

Is there a way for the sheets to keep the same cell formulas and just add/subtract from the different cells I have already set up?

Please help!

snapshot of formulas on template(smartsheets).PNG

Answers

• J. Craig WilliamsJ. Craig Williams Top Contributor

Sorry, I'm not following.

I assume when you say "Template", you mean a Smartsheet Template, not just a Sheet that is used as your starting point.

Templates do not save X-Sheet References, but it will save all other formulas and they should work when you "Use Template"

Does your terminology like "just add/subtract from the different cells" just refer to the function you are using in the your formulas (COUNT, SUM, etc...)?

When you have a Sheet with formulas and Save As Template and the Use that Template, the formulas are gone?

Craig

• I'm having the same issue, my formulas are not copying over when I select "Use Template".

Was there any conclusion on this?

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sophie Knudson

Strange!

I just tested it, and it works for me.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.