Dynamic View - User Changes Logging as Admin User

I'm prototyping using Dynamic View as a way for users in our business (all with Smartsheet Accounts) to access outstanding IT requests. Currently while testing I'm sharing only with users in our testing team. For both of these users, when they go to Dynamic View and change something about their request (for now they are locked down to adding Comments or Attachments, not changing the request itself) the change logs as the Admin User account (me) on behalf of them rather than showing them making the actual change. In the case of Attachments, it actually won't reference them making the change at all. Is there a way to change this and log the other user as making the change? I'm concerned it will be very difficult to keep up with change this way.

Comments

• Hello,

Thanks for reaching out with your question! Currently Dynamic View can only attribute changes made in the application to the person who set up the view, which is you it sounds like in this case. There are plans to make this change, but there is some additional work that must be done, as it is possible that people viewing the information and making changes in Dynamic View won't have access to the underlying sheet, so work must be done to build a system that will allow changes to be made by people who aren't technically shared to the sheet.

One workaround you can use is to create a "Submitted By" contact column in the sheet. You can then make this field hidden in Dynamic View and set the default value to Current User. This way it will capture the email of the person submitting. You can then set up notifications to alert you when a row is added, and the Submitted column is not you (you can of course craft the notification rule as you see fit). 

If you have any further questions, please contact our Support team using the following form and we are happy to help: https://help.smartsheet.com/contact.

Kind regards,

Michael

Smartsheet Support

• Riana
    Riana ✭✭

Hi All

Is it possible for me to change my logging credentials to a different user that has no license without creating a new account for him. I am not using this account. The user that is using this account is my college. Can he use this same account but with his own logging credentials.

Kind Regards

Riana

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Riana

Separate log in credentials go to separate accounts. There is no current way to have multiple logins go to the same account.

However, you could share all of your assets with this other email / account with Admin permissions, which will give them access to everything your account has access to.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Riana
    Riana ✭✭

Good Day Genevieve

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will be Sharing permissions with my college as you've assisted me with.

Do appreciate your assistance. May you have a wonderful day.

Kind Regards

Riana

• Riana
    Riana ✭✭

Hi Again Genevieve

The issue we have now is that my college does not have Admin access. I myself want to know if it is possible for the Admin Centre to delete my account as I am not using the account and then create a new account for my college as he is the one in need of an account not me as I am not using Smartsheet, but my college is using Smartsheet.

Kind Regards

Riana

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Riana

The System Admin for your account can give that other user & email a license in the Admin Center:

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Riana
    Riana ✭✭

Good Day Genevieve

Thank you so much for your assistance I really do appreciate your feedback, but my actual problem is that I do not want to have an account any more for I am not working in that department for using Smartsheet any more so how do I remove my account from Smartsheet as I still gets spams of emails from Smartsheet but I no longer use the account as I am no longer using Smartsheet, But my college is using Smartsheet as he is working in the Smartsheet department not me, I am no longer working in the Smartsheet department. My college is using my credentials to log in for he does not have an account, Can Admin Centre please remove my account and create a new account for my college.

Kind Regards

Riana

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Riana

It sounds like the easiest thing to do would be to change the Email that's associated with your current account, if you are not longer using it.

You can do this from your own account, or a System Admin in your current company can do this on your behalf.

Here are the steps to follow: Change the email address you use for your account

• Riana
    Riana ✭✭

Good Day Genevieve

Our System Admin in our company has changed the associated email and now my issue is resolved.

I do appreciate your assistance. Thank you so much.

Regards

• Riana
    Riana ✭✭

Good Day Genevieve

Hope all is well I need your assistance again in a matter that i seem to have an issue with. My smartsheet sheets and forms that I have created to send to my peers to do submissions for as a request is sending the request, but the request is not sent back to me to see the submissions.

Can you please assist me in this matter?

Kind Regards

Riana

• Riana
    Riana ✭✭

Good Day Genevieve

Also, Genevive can you also assist me in another matter that also needs attention. For each submission I am supposed to convert the submission into a report. Can Smartsheet be able to convert a submission into an PDF Format as a report.

Regards

Riana

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Riana

If you don't see rows in your sheet but your colleagues have filled out the Form, the first thing I would do is scroll to the bottom of the sheet to see if the submissions came in under a number of blank rows.

Form Submissions need entirely new rows to fill in, so they can skip over rows that look blank but previously had data.

You can also try adding a filter to your sheet to find the rows. Let me know if that helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P.

For this question, yes! You can turn a Row into a PDF by using Document Builder, if you are on a Business or Enterprise plan.

Here's more information:

• Riana
    Riana ✭✭

Good Day Genevieve

Apologize for only replying now I was on leave. Thank you for your feedback I did implement your suggestions and it did help me a lot. I am now able to receive my requests back from the submitter. Still a struggle to convert into PDF format but it is still a work in progress. will give you feedback on the outcome of my investigations.

Thanks, and I do appreciate your assistance.

Regards

Riana