RYG Automation using Drop Down lists

RYG Automation using Drop Down lists

Hi

I've watched a few videos on RYG automation based on due dates but is anyone able to help with the IF function using categories from a drop down list instead?

I.e. Looking at Recruitment Status:

If someone chooses 'On Hold' from the drop down, I want the RYG column to show Red. If someone chooses 'Interviews and Assessments' from the drop down, I want the RYG column to show Yellow.

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

=IF([Drop Down]@row = "On Hold"; "Red"; IF([Drop Down]@row = "Interviews and Assessments"; "Yellow"))    

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.  

=IF([Drop Down]@row = "On Hold", "Red", IF([Drop Down]@row = "Interviews and Assessments", "Yellow"))

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

I hope this helps you!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

• Hi Andree

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this. I'm getting some errors with it. This is what my formula is so far:

=IF([Recruitment status]='On Hold','Red',IF([Recruitment status]='TON','Yellow',IF([Recruitment status]='Confirmed','Green')))

What is it that I am doing wrong?

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

You've forgot the @rows and the ' should be "

Try this.

=IF([Recruitment status]@row="On Hold","Red",IF([Recruitment status]@row="TON","Yellow",IF([Recruitment status]@row="Confirmed","Green")))

Did it work?

Best,

Andrée

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD