% Complete in a Filtered Schedule

Kronos
Kronos
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello! I am new to smartsheet and am having an issue. We have a schedule where we have several different project type options. Depending on the project type, the project types that are not applicable to that project are filtered out and hidden. So there are several hidden tasks in each of our schedules. The problem I am having is with the % complete column on the parent row. It is calculating the hidden filtered tasks, so it is skewing the % complete for the tasks that are in view.  Is there a way to mark those tasks that are hidden as 100%, or not count those tasks in the calculation?

Thank you!

Tags:

Comments

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee

Hello,

As you have found, the parent rollup functionality takes into account all children rows, and doesn’t exclude hidden rows. If you’d like to allocate 100% to hidden tasks, you’ll have to do so manually. I think these are great suggestions and I encourage you to submit this feedback to our Product team directly using the Product Enhancement Request form (you’ll find a link to this here in Community under Quick links on the right).

• Thank you for your response. I will do that.