Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Copy and pasting content

I am able to paste content from another document onto smart sheet but i am UNABLE to copy and paste multiple rows/ columns from smart sheet to outlook. Any suggestions? It is quite time consuming to copy and paste each one individually. 

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Lindsey

If you click on the top left cell press and hold the shift Key then click on the bottom right cell, that highlights your selection then use CTRL C to Copy, CTRL V to Paste  to Outlook. Works for me. 

OR, why not take a Screen grab and paste it into your email? Use your "Snipping Tool" . 

Good luck

Richardr

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Lindsey, to build on what Richard said - when copying and pasting to and from Smartsheet, use CTRL + C and CTRL + V to copy and paste (CMD + C and CMD + V on Macs), rather than right click and copy/paste. 

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Travis, any way to copy from Smartsheet and paste into a table in another program, or paste into Smartsheet from a table? I find that anything in a table gets pasted into one Smartsheet cell. Hopefully that makes sense.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Jaye, CTRL + C and CTRL + V (CMD for Mac) should work for this - I paste cell data to and from Excel all the time.

When pasting table data into Smartsheet, single left in the cell and paste. If you double click and paste, the data will be added into the single cell. If you single click and paste, it will be added to the appropriate number of cells. 

Let me know if you are still having trouble with this. 

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Travis, I didn't think I was BUT I must have been double-clicking and pasting, as I just experimented with what you suggested and indeed it works perfectly fine. Thanks a million!

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Happy to help! Cool

This discussion has been closed.