linked cells

I am trying to find an answer prior to initiating a link.  My Smart Sheet changes frequently and sometimes daily or hourly.  Rows in the Smart Sheet are determining the order in which the projects will be drilled.  The schedule will then change and the rows will be reordered to depict a new "drill date".   Here is my question.  If I link a cell, will that link move with the row or will it remain intact to the cell where I created the link?  The same question could be asked if I set up an "If Then" statement.  Let me know if you need a sample.  Thank you, Blain

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Blain,

It will move with the row if it's a cell link. 

Regarding the if then scenario. 

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Some of our information is private and I am not permitted to share the information.  I am trying to copy and paste into a blank excel sheet to remove our client's names. I can then share an example with you. But every time I paste into a new sheet, it does not paste properly.  Thank you Andree for the information. 

As for the "if then" statement, we operate on a schedule that changes daily and sometimes hourly.  My company conducts Geo Technical drilling and we drill deeper than 16" and therefore are required to submit a one call ticket into a center to have underground utilities located.  What I want to do is set a reminder in one cell to update this ticket if the drilling (another cell) has not been completed by the time the one call ticket has expired.  I am very familiar with excel but not that familiar with "if then" statements.  

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

You could also make a copy of the sheet and remove the sensitive information and then share it with me instead.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andree,

Here is a sample of my smart sheet.  What I am trying to do is set a reminder or flag to inform me if the drill date column is after the digtess column. We actually have another sheet that is for drilling.  I actually would like to have the sheet send me a reminder if the drill complete column(on another sheet) goes beyond the digtess column. The information in these 2 columns are not up to date.  I have changed my protocol.  I hope i haven't confused you. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Blain

Smartsheet sample.jpg

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/09/19

Hi Blain,

Try this.

The below formula is if the formula is on the same sheet.

=IF(Digtess@row < [Drill Complete]@row; 1)    

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.    

=IF(Digtess@row < [Drill Complete]@row, 1)

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Are the sheets set up the same and with identical Primary column or similar?

Did it work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Blain,

How did it go? Did you get something set up?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!