Single-Use Checkbox (or dropdown) - Can it be done?

Tlittle27
Tlittle27
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi all! I looked in the forums and I didn't come upon any which matched this - but if you're aware of a similar thread, please link to it here!

We are looking to find a way to make a checkbox or dropdown option a single-use type thing. Basically - we track travel in a large sheet - and part of the information we collect from our travelers is where they are charging their travel back to, because we limit how many people can charge back to the project itself vs. their home division. 

We use a form to collect travel log info - exclusively - only our core team has access to the actual sheet in SmartSheet. What we would like to do is put an item on the form that states something along the lines of "I will be the team member charging to the project for phase 1" and then have it be hidden or grayed-out for any subsequent form submissions, so that only the 1 person can choose that option for each project.

With my knowledge of SmartSheet I don't believe this to be possible - but I figured I'd put it out there to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation and what solutions they've found.

Thanks all - hopefully your new year is going well so far!

Comments

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!