Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Latest Discussion comment viewed in a cell

Options
2»

Comments

• DaveGreen
    Options

I'm glad this has been recommended already.  Being able to display the Date/Time, User, and Text of the last comment in another cell on that row would be ENORMOUSLY helpful.  This would allow me to keep an accurate history of status notes without the manual copy-and-paste from a 'Current Status' column into a new 'Comment' -- which inevitably breaks down because nobody likes doing double work -- when they can remember to do so.  It also keeps the 'Current Status' cell from getting enormous because of a need to keep that history. 

It might look something like this:

[7/5/2019 6:15am, DaveGreen] - The fireworks show in Addison, TX on Tuesday night was awesome in spite of the delay and the wind; everybody should plan on going next year.

So Smartsheet people, please revisit this enhancement request!!!!

• I was searching the forums for this exact thing.  I have found several posts of people asking for it, but no resolution.  

I see this was added to the enhancement request list quite some time ago and it has been upvoted many times on this thread as well as many other threads.  

An update would be great.

• Andrea Zenner
    Andrea Zenner ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please add my vote for this!

Andrea Zenner

Program Manager | Infrastructure & Operations

Apogee Enterprises

EAP | Mobilizer | Core Product Certified | Superstar

azenner@apog.com

This discussion has been closed.