Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

web form for order form

Options
Steve Little
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I'm new to Smartsheet.

Have created a sheet with a web form to be an order form for our customers. In part of the form I'm wanting to provide our customers with the functionality of entering quantities for our various products, how do I do that?

Comments

• Dave B
    Dave B ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/10/16
    Options

Steve,

First, I would suggest going to http://help.smartsheet.com/ and doing a search for Using Webforms.  This will explain how to create webforms in general.

From there it gets a little ugly (IMHO).   As you'll see each column can be a webform field, so you can create columns such as this:

ItemQty1, Item1, ItemQty2, Item2, ItemQty3, Item3, etc.

When your customer submits the form each submission creates a new row.  So you end up with (depending on the number of items) a very wide, ungainly sheet.   And, there is no way to transpose the data into something more legible without manually exporting to Excel.

As an order submission form, webforms work.  It's just they're not very-user friendly (again, IMHO) on the input or the output side.

This discussion has been closed.