Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Feature Request: Remove Confirmations

Brad Jones
Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

OK,

So the current mechanism for an update request is that an update is sent to a user to update a row/cells.  This works great, and observes the locks and permissions correctly.

Problem is, after they update the sheet, they then get another email saying that they just updated the sheet.  So for only one data transaction on the sheet, the user gets TWO emails.

Would be nice to be able to turn off at the account level, or to include a checkbox on the response form that lets the user request an update if they want. (default to "no").

Thanks,

Brad

Comments

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Add to this, as the admin I also get a confirmation each time a user has responded to an update confirmation.  So, now for that one transaction there are 3 emails.  I have set up a filter on my inbox to route all the confirmations to a folder I don't need to check often, but I'd rather just not have the confirmations at all.

I have the choice to select how often I receive updates when a sheet is changed, why not for these too?

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Good suggestions Brad, I will submit this to our Product team! 

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/09/17

I changed my mind on this one.  Rather than remove confirmations, let's make them require approval.  This has been updated in another thread, I just don't want you guys to keep this one live when the need has changed.

• SYSPK
    SYSPK ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My vote on requiring approval ^

This discussion has been closed.