Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Adding a new currency

Hey,

My company is use to work with Central African Francs (XAF) as default currency.

At the currency list in the spreedsheet, we do not have it. Does anyone know how to add a currency?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Atus Bartal
    Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/29/16

Pedro,

Greetings from the middle of Europe to the middle of Africa! Smile

I also have the same problem with the very famous Hungarian Forints (HUF), but

- I understand that not all the currencies of the World should take place in the list, and

1. - personally I don't like letters or signs before/after numbers, so I just put HUF, Ft, EUR, whatever in the header of the column and check the option "No currency". 
    2. Nevertheless, I wonder what's the policy behind the selection of the 23 currencies, since they do not exactliy correspond to the ones of the biggest economies. I guess what matters is the number of Smartsheet users from different countires. (Neither of the choices sounds good for us :)

Also, that might be an enhancement request to have an "Other Currencies" option in the bottom of the list where all these "exotic" currencies could be found. I don't think it to be a big deal for developers. 

Atus

• Tim McCarthy
    Tim McCarthy ✭✭✭✭✭

Pedro - Check out Craig's comment in the "Currency Prefix within a Cell" discussion.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Always nice to get a shout-out.. Thanks Tim.

Craig

• hello,

Yes this function of adding a custom currency is really needed!

We are stuck with our operations in Vietnam and Thailand

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.