Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Hierarchy Management/Usage – Toolbar Button Request

Options
JamesR
JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I have a couple of sheets that use hierarchy structure, Multi-level in some cases.  To collapse and expand these is a manual process only, however one of my databases in particular I want collapsed as the default.  The issue comes when I filter on the required column it is great as you can have it find it and show the Hierarch Summary Bar.  But when you do this it expands all hierarchy in the sheet and filters onto the one you are looking to work on.  When you then remove the filter all the rows have been expanded and therefore the only way of getting it back to a default view with everything collapsed is to do it manually.

Solution is easily solved by a Collapse all button and an Expand all Button on the toolbar.  Better still would be a choice on the Menu of “Show” with a sub menu of “Level 1s”, “Level 2s, “Level 3s”…..#.

This is probably another one for your small but useful list Travis.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.