Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Multiple Duration columns (or a way to calculate number of day between two date columns)

Options
GeorgeWaite
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I'm trying to setup a sheet for tracking actual work dates vs target dates Construction Document set timing. In each deliverable/row I'd like to list the following dates: 

• Target Date

• • Act Start
  • • Act Finish
  • • Approval Date

I have my the project settings turned on so that "Act Start" and "Act Finish" create teh Gnatt timeline with dependencies. So i can calculate the Actual work (duration time) with no problem.

The "Target Date" column is used to show the origional milestones, and I can compare it to the Act Finish to add in conditional formating, so no problem here.

What I can't seem to do is count the turnaround (or approval) timing, but subtracting the "Act Finish" date from the "Approval Date". I deally this woudl give me a count of working days, just like the duration column. But I can't find a formula that will do this, or a way to add a second "duration column"

Is there any way to do this? 

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 11.11.20 AM.png

Comments

This discussion has been closed.