Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Update Requests (Templates - multiple cc's?)

I have a standard request that gets sent to different people to update a row or rows.  There may be more than one person responsible for the updating.  I tried sending the request to 3 people but only the first gets the "open form" button.  Also, I want to CC their supervisors instead of just me.  Is there a way to create a template which can have the message and 3 columns to send and when it gets sent saved?

Comments

• Hi Skip-- We don't currently support sending one Update Request to be filled out by multiple people, or to CC users in Update Requests, but I've added your votes for these features to our enhancement request list. Thanks for the input!

In the meantime, you might consider asking your internal IT team to set up a mail alias or group that forwards emails sent to that address to multiple users. Then, you could set up the Update Request to be sent to the mail alias. This might be a good workaround to allow you to send editable Update Requests to all users.

• Is there any update on the ability to create templates for update requests?

This discussion has been closed.