Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Organize Worksheets

Tina Slaton
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Is there a way to organize Workspaces?  I've got a lot of Workspaces and they are in no kind of order. They seem to just be randomly saved with no rhyme or reason to the order in which they are saved. Would LOVE for there to be a way organize them like you can emails.

Comments

• Greg Gates
    Greg Gates ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/30/16

Have you tried organizing them into folders? You can create new folders by right-clicking on an already existing folder in the Home view and selecting "Create New" >> "Folder"

Capture1.PNG

• My Sheets Folder is fine it's my Workspaces Folder that needs to be organized/reduced. For example have a subdivision with 50 lots. Would love to have a Workspace folder with Morgan's Crossing then all the lots in that folder instead of all 50 lots in the dropdown of the Workspace folder.  There may be a way to do it, I just haven't figured it out yet.

• If you right click on the workspace, select "create new" at the top and a new folder will be the option. This will create a new folder within your workspace and you can just drag and drop any sheets you have into those.

• Kennedy Stomps
    Kennedy Stomps Employee
    edited 07/01/16

Hi Tina-- To confirm, the Workspaces themselves are listed in alphabetical order in the Workspaces area and there isn't a way to organize the overall Workspaces any further or change the order of Workspaces, other than to modify the Workspace name manually to change where it appears in the alphabetical order. If you're instead trying to organize sheets within a Workspace, the comments above should help!

• At the moment all my sheets start with a number, so the alphabetical order does not apply.  I made the new folder in Workspace, but for some reason I can't drag & drop.  I searched YouTube for a video, but didn't see anything that would help me.  Frown  If someone makes a video please send me the link! Smile

This discussion has been closed.