Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Common Picklist

Options
kbarhoover
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Is there a way to define a picklist with values and then leverage that sinle picklist on more than one sheet?

Comments

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi kbarhoover,

You can set up a pick list by having one of your columns be a drop list. In the drop list you can define what your values are for selection by right clicking the top of the column and selecting edit column properties. Add your list in the provided box area. The way to get that same list to another sheet is to set up your 2nd sheet, add that same kind of drop down list column. You can then copy the list from the old sheet column and paste it into the new list. Sorry, but that is the only way to do it that I'm aware of for now. I do think there has been an enhancement discussed that would allow a better solution. Hope this helps.

Peace!

• kbarhoover
    Options

Thank you for clarifying.
    KB

• Tony Davidson - SmartSheet Certified User 2016
    edited 08/09/16
    Options

I would suggest creating a template sheet with the drop downs populated as well to save time.

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Another great suggestion Tony.

Peace

• JeremiahHorstick
    JeremiahHorstick ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How about a picklist that resides on multiple sheets and needs to be uniformly updated periodically? For example: A pick list of projects, vendors, items.

How can 10 sheets with the same pick list all be update simultaneously?

This discussion has been closed.