Summary rollup

Options

Hello, I've never used Smartsheet and would appreciate your help.

I'm working on a budget, we have 40 departments and each department needs to submit their budget.

So I have 40 sheets and they are exactly the same, (same columns and same rows), the only difference is the data.

What is the best way to add up all these 40 sheets.  The summary sheet must also be in the same format as all the other department sheets.

Thank you,

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Helene,

Welcome to the Community and the wonderful world of Smartsheet!

There are a few different ways to structure a solution.

How is the sheet set up?

One way could be to collect all the data for each sheet at the top of the sheet and then use cell linking to collect all the 40 sheets information in a so-called Master Roll-Up Sheet.

Another method could be to use cross-sheet formulas from the Master Roll-Up Sheet and collect everything form the 40 sheets that way.

Would any of those options work? Which one do you prefer?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.