Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Filter Resource View

MIke Leser
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Resource Views are handy to work with however as I try to balance/level our resources it would be a lot easier to have a way to automatically filter a user resopurce view to only show over-allocated resources. Currently have to run for all resources then just look at ones with red heads icon in allocatrion column. While I'm at in, another improvement request/idea: resouirce view list resource names and allows drill down to list all projects the resource is assigned to. Would be really helpful to be able to drill down another level and show all tasks within the projects the resource isd assigned to.

Comments

• Hi Mike—we don't yet have functionality to filter resource views down to only show over-allocation, or a way to see a resource's assigned tasks in the resource view, but I'll add your vote for these to our enhancement request list for further review by our Product team.

Although you can't see assigned tasks in the resource view, you can open the sheet a resource is allocated on from the resource view and create a filter on that sheet to only display their assigned tasks. If needed, details on sheet filters can be found here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504659-filtering-columns

This discussion has been closed.