Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Web Forms

Options

I currently have a web form that a user submits when they require time off.  I am using a contact list for the name field.  When a form is submitted I email the manager.  Once she get it she either approves or not.  If she approves I want an email to be automatically sent to the user.  This is working but I'm afraid if the name they enter on the web is different than the contact name the email will not work.  I would like to display the contact list on the web for so the user selects the correct name.

Also I want to trigger the email to go as soon as it's approved  but I can't see a way to do that from Smartsheet.  

I have looked around but can't seem to find anything that can help.  Can you offer any suggestions?

Comments

• Chuck Muirhead
    Chuck Muirhead ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Christine,

We use a SmartSheet webform for time off requests and when a user submits the webform an email is automatically sent to the managers.  The manager approves the request and sends the row back to the employee, showing them the ultimate result.

We have created a drop-down list of names instead of using the contacts feature as SmartSheet does not present the contacts in a list on the webform. 

Each of our managers then have a calendar on a sights dashboard showing current and upcoming time off. 

Unfortunatley the current method of notifications does not allow the opportunity automaically email the employee once approved.  Also, when the webform is submitted, it goes to every manager/director and they approve/deny if it is their employee. 

I tested a new notificaion feature for SmartSheets that I believe will allow for individual customization, but we will have to wait until it is released to see if it solves this issue completely.

Hope this helps....

• I was started off doing that but the manager would like it automatic emailed.  I am going to see if Zapier can help.    

This discussion has been closed.