Multiple Notifications

Options

Hello. I"m trying to setup a smartsheet automated workflow that allows for multiple notifications throughout the work request process starting with:

1) notification/acknowledgement to submitter when a new request is submitted with details

2) then a notification to submitter when the item has been assigned to a representative (the assigned column triggers the notification here)

3) notification to submitter when the representative has placed the request into order status (the order # column would trigger the notification here)

I'm having a really hard time getting everything to work... I have tried to have multiple automation flows - but it seems like only one flow can work at a time? I want to be able to have this smartsheet send automatic notifications to the submitter throughout the process of a request from beginning to end.... but its not clear how to do this? Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jason,

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jason Templer
    Options

Andree - thanks for your reply! Sure no problem, see attached screen shot of my smartsheet...... you will see it is a basic one but I want 3 levels of notification - first notification sent to the requestor to acknowledge submittal of request, next a notification sent to requestor once the 'status' is changed and it is assigned to someone, then finally another notification sent to the requestor once the request is submitted into the purchasing system..... Take a look and let me know if you need more info? Hopefully I'm making sense?!! Thanks. Jason

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks!

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Lorna Anderson
    Options

What was the resolution for this users problem? I have a similar issue...

Thanks

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Lorna Anderson

What is your issue, more specifically? When I helped Jason, it worked for me, and then it started to work for him again, so if memory serves, it was a glitch.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!