Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Conditional Formatting for Alerts/Notifications

Options
Sarah Daily
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

It would really be amazing in a future release to be able to do conditional formatting for alerts and notifications. I find myself managing the statuses of my tasks more than I should. Any ideas on if this might make it in the next release?

Comments

• Tony Davidson - SmartSheet Certified User 2016
    edited 11/17/16
    Options

What exactly are you suggesting?

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can say with near certainty that this (whatever this is) WON'T be in the next release (which will be in Dec 2016 or Q1 2017 if things continue as they have).

The Smartsheet developers have a large backlog - here's a small portion of it:

https://www.smartsheet.com/product-roadmap

(note: out of date as the November 2016 release is not there yet)

They are also working on other things that don't make the list and bug fixes.

As new features are developed and the code base increases, each new feature potentially requires longer to implement to avoid breaking something that already exists.

The opinions (and that is what they are) above are my own - I don't work for Smartsheet. I do however have some experience around the software development process. 

Craig

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 11/17/16
    Options

Hi Sarah—I'm wondering if you instead mean conditional notifications (e.g. "Email Sally Smartsheet when Status changes to Delayed").

Our Development team is working on this feature, but it's still in the early stages so we don't have a timeframe for when we'll see it in the application.

Let me know if that isn't the case and I may be able to advise with more information on your process.

This discussion has been closed.