Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Exporting History Data

Options

I would like to export history data from an existing project, and tabulate the history data in excel. For example, I would like to see how finish dates have changed over time, for hundreds of rows, over the course of a project that has already finished. Is there a functionality to export a cell's (or selection of cells, or an entire sheet's) history? 

Currently the only two options I can see are either right clicking on each cell individually, select "view history", then manually record this history data by hand. This would be extremely prohibitive as the pop-up window can't even be highlighted and copied to the clipboard. The other option is to intermittently save a copy of a schedule as the project progresses, then infer differences. Neither of these options will work for my purposes as I would like information for hundreds of cells, and the projects I'm interested in investigating have already completed.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Trenton

Comments

This discussion has been closed.