Multiple Alerts Based on Multiple Conditions

Hi,

Our top management wants to have a daily reminder on different levels of approval that they need to do in case they miss it. In my example below, they have two levels of approval, where each level has different column. I want a reminder but will check first the column1 and see if the condition is met, if not, goes to another column and check the condition and do the actions if the conditions are met, otherwise the reminder will not be made. I want to know if this is possible.

Moreover, if the approval is made in this alert automation, will it trigger the succeeding automations from the original approval that it belongs? Does that make sense?

Answers

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee

Hi @Rennel Apolinares ,

The way your approval request workflow is currently set up, the recipients will receive an approval request every day for rows where the Payment Approval and BDO Funding Approval columns contain "Submitted".

I would suggest removing the "Otherwise" block so that your approval request looks like this:

• Hi Alejandra, it was funny because after I posted my question here, i accidentally hit a button in the automation and saw the option to ' add condition paths'. Is that your way of removing the otherwise block?

But either ways, are we saying both the one with otherwise block and condition paths work?

Thanks!

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee

@Rennel Apolinares to actually remove the Otherwise block, you'll need to click the three vertical dots and then select delete, but yes.

When the workflow is triggered for a row where Payment Approval is Submitted, the action for Conditions (1) will be fired, because its condition has been met and it’s the leftmost of the two overlapping conditions. (The action for Conditions (2) won’t fire unless the Funding Approval is Submitted.)