Cost Code Verification-Budget vs. Actuals

Cost Code Verification-Budget vs. Actuals

Hello Everyone,

I build budgets in Smartsheets and then import actuals from our accounting department, provided on an excel sheet, which I then manually manipulate and upload to a different sheet in Smartsheets.

Then I have a few different ways that I run analysis between these two data sets in combined sheets.

I am finding challenges with cost code variation as our business grows because the accounting department provides actuals that has new codes, or on some months, income statements that exclude certain cost codes as they weren't used in that month.

I am seeking a best practice on the import process to identify new or missing cost codes so as to make for a less laborious import, AND for QC on future budgeting and cash flow projections.

For example, if we added a new expense in a department that shows up on the actuals, and wasn't previously budgeted in Smartsheet, I'd like a way to systematically ensure it is captured.

My apologies for the long post, and thanks for taking the time to read.

Best Answer

Answers

  • Thanks Andree!


    I ended up doing a cell link from all 3 data sets into a consolidated sheet where I then ran a series of Countifs to identify where things are missing.

    If I continue to struggle with this issue, I will reach back out.

    Sincerely,

    Clint

  • Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

    Excellent!

    Happy to help!

    Best,

    Andrée Starå

    Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Sign In or Register to comment.