Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Possible to strip cell formatting out for reports?

We're trying to generate multiple reports from a master smartsheet that we use to track various projects. As part of using the master smartsheet, we have certain practical cell formatting options we use to easily see progress or potential trouble spots at a glance (e.g. color coding certain cells base on conditional formatting).

However, for the reports we want to generate, we'd like much of this formatting to not be visible within the reports themselves, but I'm not seeing any kind of option to strip out that cell formatting. So, the reports we're generating have all the color coding and such, making them look pretty much like the master smartsheet.

Is there a way to generate a more "generic" looking report that eliminates the conditional formatting we have set up in the master smartsheet?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nathan,

Not that I am aware of.

I was going to request this based on a conversation I had last night with a client -- but decided to go to bed instead.

I would like to see a clean Report - perhaps as the first step to being able to format them again.

Craig

• I would agree, having the option to carry over the formatting or strip the formatting would be useful. 

Add my vote!

• Thank you both for the info. Looks like we'll have to do some tweaking of our master document to take this into account. Still, it's nice to know we're not the only ones who'd appreciate this feature being made available.

Much appreciated.

• latsyrcg3
    latsyrcg3 ✭✭✭

I, too, would like the option to leave conditional formatting off the report. For example, I have RAID sheet and when items are completed, they get a strike through. When I try to report on any of the items from the RAID, the completed ones show on reports with a strike through. So now I need to rethink my formatting. 

This discussion has been closed.