Disable Form Submission

Hi all,

I am trying to create a form where people need to make requests by 10 out days or more. The form will be continual, year-round, so I can't just take down the form or put a due date, since this form request is never ending.

Is there a way for me to set a condition that if you're within a certain range (i.e. less than 10 days out) or if you answer a question on the form a certain way, that the form will not let you submit?

Thanks!

Answers

• Brian Campbell
    Brian Campbell ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Dominick,

I don't believe that is a capability of forms. However could you include that policy on the form description for when they are filling it out, then create a formula that if the request is less than 10 days out, it will kick out an email to the requester indicating this cannot be processed since it is not within the 10 day minimum per our policy. Then from there you can mark it complete/declined/etc.

Hope this helps

Michael

Michael

• Appreciate the quick response.

• Nasir@EBC
    Nasir@EBC ✭✭✭

Hi @Dominick Vargas

Even I've been waiting for this feature to be introduced, such that if a field value is not in line with my expectations, then there should be an option to disable the SUBMIT button.

This would prevent us from receiving invalid data, and then moving it to other sheets; or sending error emails to the form submitters.

Unfortunately, there has not been any development on this --as far as I know!

Nasir