As System Admin how do I generate a list of everything "Owned" by a former employee.

I don't want to transfer ownership of everything over to a single user before reviewing what they are the Owner of.....Workspaces, Folders, Sheets, etc...

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Greg Gibbons - great question! I've had this come up recently, as well. It would be a great addition to have this information as part of the new Admin Center, kind of like a Properties for each user.

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P Thanks for the answer. Yes, I'm familiar with the Sheet Access report. It's cumbersome to request, receive, and use. Years ago, files were sent directly by email and not zipped up. Smartsheet added a step of complexity to the process for some (probably good) reason, but it has made it more difficult for us Sys Admins.

It just seems with the new UI for the Admin Center, adding more information readily available in the Admin Center would be helpful. So far, I'm not impressed with the new Admin Center. Not any really new features that help me do my job and the lack of simple UX features like keeping the side menu visible all the time make it clunky to use. I'm always happy when the old Admin window pops up again.

Yes, I've provided this feedback on the new Admin Center UX several times but I don't think the product team reads any of it. Just the experience of a Smartsheet user since 2011. Smartsheet used to listen to us more.

• Hi Susan,

It's good to hear your experience - I'm glad you've provided this feedback through the new Admin Center as these sort of user experience examples are exactly what the Product Team is looking to hear from System Admins. There are a lot of variables they need to consider before creating new features, and it's not always possible, but they do read and appreciate your input.

In the meantime, the Sheet Access report should provide the data Greg is looking for. Greg, let us know if you have other questions before transferring these items over!

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Genevieve. You are the best about responding. I'm glad to know the product teams look at feedback and I understand the difficulty of programming. Pinning the menu shouldn't be too hard, since it is done on every Smartsheet. I guess that's why it's such a surprise that the same UX isn't carried over to the Admin Center. Just an observation from someone who keeps multiple SS tabs open every single day to get stuff done.

• Thank you both for your quick replies. I was able to run the report and find the information that I was looking for.

It is a rather clunky way to get there. It would be nice to view this information without downloading all of the details on the report, sorting, filtering.... I like Susan's suggestion of a User Properties type of selection from the Admin Center. I'm sure like most of the System Admins here, my time in Smartsheet is only a portion of my day...every little bit of saved time is greatly appreciated.

Thanks So Much, Greg