Salesforce-like Workflow/Templates

07/15/20
Answered - Pending Review

Hi All -

I'm pretty well versed in SmartSeehts, but trying to help my company implement a Salesforce-like SmartSheets approach - to save cost. To be clear, I know there is a integration available with Salesforce, but we do not work with them as partner.

I'm simply interested in creating a very scaled back, yet similar workflow within SmartSheets. I've found a few templates which are proving to be helpful, but since Salesforce isn't in my background, I thought I'd ask the community for some additional guidance on connecting sheets, workflows and automation.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mike Rini

Can you describe what you mean with a Salesforce like Smartsheet approach?

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå

• @Andrée Starå Sure! So I've never worked in Salesforce before, but in essence, I'm looking to replicate as many of it's features as possible via SmartSheets - actual sheets, workflows, reports and automation. For an example, I know that in the Salesforce world, there are Leads, Opportunities, Accounts and Contacts. All of those interact with each other in some way (i.e. - Leads become opportunities, Opportunities become Accounts, Accounts have Contacts, etc.) - and there are lots of other interactions.

I guess really all I was wondering is - has anyone setup CRM templates/workflows that I can leverage?? If not, no big deal, I'll just need to think through it a bit more.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mike Rini

I've created CRM solutions in Smartsheet for clients.

Here is an excellent starting point.

Hope that helps!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå