Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Hiding rows

Nadine Lee
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I would like to be able to hide rows can only find option of hiding columns. It would be especially helpful if hiding rows option could be added to conditional formatting. 

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Your only options currently are Filters and Reports.

Craig

• What I do in this senario is add an "Admin" row at the bottom of my sheet and then collapse rows beneath it into child rows. Most folks, in my experience, typically don't look at those last few rows especially if they're collapsed. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/25/17

Good tip Claire.

• Suzanne Eger
    edited 01/27/17

Claire, AWESOME TIP! Thank you!

• Benj Borseth
    edited 03/23/17

I would love having conditional formatting to hide a row. That would make the sheet so neat looking.

So based on the data in a previous row in a parciular column another row could be hidden untill the right data is set.

Also having different drop down menus in in the same column would be very useful.

• I would love to have a "hide row" feature like Excel. I don't understand why you'd only have a hide column feature without a hide row feature as well. It's just as important to be able to do both. I use it in Excel all the time. I also don't want to have to do conditional formatting or formulas for a simple task like this. Smartsheet is being promoted as being better than Excel, but there are a lot of extremely useful features that it doesn't have compared to Excel. I find that I often have to export my Smartsheet to Excel in order to manipulate my data in the way that I need it.

Smartsheet - Please listen to your users and build in this hide rows feature.

This discussion has been closed.