Sheet Summary Report by Month

Options
Seamas Finnerty
edited 09/29/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi everyone, I've created a report that we generate every month by choosing to run the report between X and Y date. Simple enough. The report is generated from our master sheet.

I have another sheet that calculates some statistics. I.e, number of staff, cost per trip, cost per trip type, etc.

Our mastersheet can be filtered out by date from our report because we ask for the start and end date on the online form, however, how can I include my statistics page within my report? I know it will appear underneath my mastersheet report but it won't filter by the "when" in the report options. This is crucial as we must know the costs, number of trips per date.

Any guidance is appreciated, I feel this is more of an architectural challenge then formula.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Seamas Finnerty

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Seamas Finnerty
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå ,

I will share out workspace with you, thank you. The information you see is strictly for testing and not accurate. First thing that happens is we request departments to fill out our online form. This populates are master sheet. We then generate a report that pulls certain columns from our master sheet, furthermore, in our report we filter it by month so we can report on information monthly, or quarterly using the "when" feature.

We also have a statistics page that compiles information based on department. The types of statistics are as follows: # of staff, # of trips, cost per trip type, # of trips by type, etc. What we are trying to do is generate a report that also includes these statistics but that can be manipulated using the "when" function in the report. Because the statistics are compiled it will not allow us to filter out per month, etc.

Lastly, we have a dashboard that displays our report that we set parameters too, as well as our statistical data, however, as said this statistical data cannot be filtered out by the same "when" parameters as our report, that's the issue.

I've attached a screen shot of the report, and a sample of statistics that we capture.