Last Modified Values Incorrect

Options
SYSPK
SYSPK ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We have a sheet that sends out alerts to a couple hundred people who have no access to our sheet. As people fill out their forms the Last Modified By column changes to list their email. I've noticed that the emails listed there sometimes hop onto other rows, and say someone else had last edited that row when it's not true. It's a big problem because when other alerts go out, they list at the bottom who last edited the row and it's showing other people's names which worries people.

E.g. John Doe fills out his form. Now, the Last Modified By field on his row says johndoe@gmail.com. But it also jumps onto Jane Doe's row and says johndoe@gmail.com last edited hers. By the time Jane receives her form, the email says that changes were last made by the sheet owner AND johndoe@gmail.

This happen to anyone else?

Answers

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @SYSPK

It doesn't seem the problem comes from last modified cell according to what you describe.

Problem seems to be why when John Doe fills out a form does it jumps onto Jane Doe's row? That shouldn't be happening.

Forms are just a way to add data into a new row. So I don't get why it jumps onto another row. Do you have some screenshot with dummy data so we get a better clue about it?

• twarner
    twarner ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have this same issue.

1. User A accesses a Smartsheet and adds a row and Saves the Sheet. Now ALL the rows show User A is listed in the "Modified by" column.
    2. User B access a Smartsheet and just 'looks' at the data and makes no changes. When she tries to close the Sheet, she gets a pop-up window asking her to Save her changes. She is not sure, so she clicks "Save". Now User B is listed in ALL the "Modified by" cells.

What is going on here?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@SYSPK and @twarner What formulas do you have in the sheet?

@twarner I suspect that you may have a formula with the TODAY() function in it somewhere?